Written by Susan Shu Chang
The Data Scientist Show - Reinforcement Learning, Productivity, and more (Podcast)
It was really fun to be on Daliana Liu’s podcast, “The Data Scientist Show”! Big thank-you to her for having me on the show.
Listen or watch in the link below.
- 0:00 Intro
- 00:01:29 how Susan changed from economics to econometrics and finally to data science
- 00:07:23 what reinforcement learning is doing
- 00:15:58 how to find the right rewards
- 00:20:00 recent reinforcement learning use cases
- 00:27:28 how to add reinforcement learning to social media recommender system
- 00:44:42 how to assess cannibalization effect
- 00:48:24 how to tell if people use the model you build
- 01:04:42 common mistakes people make when putting models in production
- 01:08:30 Susan’s day-to-day as a principal data scientist
- 01:14:05 what productivity really means
- 01:21:04 a few things she wanted the listeners to know about productivity
- 01:41:48 books and blogs she recommended about productivity
It’s also available on Spotify and Apple Podcasts. Definitely go explore other awesome talks there as well!
I’ve been working on updating my talk appearances page, if you want to check out more talks.